See the exemplary example of Indo-Muslim art, Qutub Minar
Qutub Minar is a 73m tall minaret in Mehrauli, New Delhi. Constructed by Qutab-ud-din Aibak and Iltutmish in the early 13th century, the tower is the masterpiece of Indo-Islamic architecture. The red sandstone minaret is included in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Site and is most visited monument of the India.
The uniqueness of the Qutub Minar lies in its design. It has total 379 steps designed in a spiral way. This is a 5 storey tower and each storey possesses different designs. The British Indian Army has installed a pillared cupola due to which it becomes 6 storey. But unfortunately, the cupola was taken down at the ground level and reinstalled. The reinstalled storey is known as Smith's Folly. First 3 storey of the tower is made with red sandstone
- Last 3 are constructed by using marble and sandstone
- First storey base has alternate circular and angular flutings,
- The design of the second storey is round.
- The third one has angular flutings.
- Balconies of each of the storey is projecting outward
The tower was renovated couple of times by the subsequent rulers.
Attractive structure within the Qutub Complex
- Magnificently designed Alai-Darwaza Gate
- Quwwat-ul-Islam Mosque- the oldest mosque in India is located at the foot of the tower
- The Imam Zamin Tomb-The small structure of sandstone was designed on the octagonal base.
- The Iron Pillar of Delhi- 7m high rust resistant column of iron has Brahmic inscriptions
- The Tomb of Iltutmish- an exquisite example of Hindu art
- Alai Minar-A taller tower constructed adjacent to Qutub Minar.
This popular tourist destination remains open for the visitors all days. Tourists can reach the minar by metro, taxis or by bus. The cost of the ticket is minimal. If you are planning to visit Delhi in vacation, don’t miss the chance to see the tallest minaret and the pride of India, Qutub Minar.
Most Selling Golden Triangle Packages
3 Days Golden Triangle Tour , 4 Days Golden Triangle Tour , 5 Days Golden Triangle Tour , 6 Days Golden triangle Tour , Golden Triangle with Kerala, Golden Triangle with Ranthambore, Golden Triangle with Rajasthan, Golden Triangle with Shimla, Golden Triangle with Kashmir, Golden Triangle with Varanasi, Golden Triangle Tourist Taxi Services